SUBMISSIONS ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED
Please check back later for the next open call!
Sunflower Station Submission Guidelines
We are looking for work that is in line with the following:
- Work is unpublished
- Nonfiction & Fiction: 2500 words
- Poetry: 3-4 poems; 5 pages max
- Visual Art: longer series as well as individual pieces are accepted
- Advertisements: we accept ads for bands, tattoo shops, radio shows, small businesses, and other independent organizations.
- We do not publish epic poetry
- We are interested in the liminal, unique, & zany
- Progressive, socially in touch work
- We welcome transgressive, radical, and esoteric voices
- We are inclusionary
What we expect from our contributors:
- Respond in a timely manner (within a week is ideal)
- People who are open to forming dialogues
- We are working to develop art that is approachable and accessible
- We will not tolerate hate speech
*For all submissions, please include a brief paragraph about the work and an artist bio.
We started Sunflower Station with a mission: to provide a platform for emerging artists.
After feeling somewhat alienated by traditional publishers, we decided to create something for ourselves and our community. Your donation helps us change the literary landscape form the outside in.
This is a grassroots project, driven by values: representation, inclusivity, and community.
We are building as we go, learning while we grow, and each publication is a rewarding venture.
With your donation, we can continue publishing new artists and continue to be a resource for our literary community.